Electronic Submission to Numerische Mathematik
Springer Verlag and
Numerische Mathematik (NM) are pleased to announce that NM is now accepting
electronic manuscript submissions in the form of PostScript (PS) and Portable Document Format (PDF)
files. This major new effort is aimed to expedite NM's publication process and to allow
for a timely dissemination of mathematical research. Note that NM no longer supports other forms of submissions,
i.e. a direct submission to one of NM's editors
is no longer part of NM's submission policy. All articles must be submitted via this website. NM authors should read
the instructions below carefully before submitting their files. Failure to follow these procedures
will result in a delay in the processing of your submission and may result in your submission being
returned to you. Before sending your PS or PDF file to the respective NM editor for review, the NM
office will first test the file by printing it using a Hewlett Packard PS laser printer. If the file
fails this test, we will notify you by e-mail.
Editors-in-Chief: F. Brezzi (Pavia), T. F. Chan (Los Angeles), M. Griebel (Bonn).
- To be submitted electronically, your paper must be able to be generated electronically in
its entirety, including all artwork and tables.
- Your paper must be submitted as one PS or PDF file. NM will not accept multiple files.
Note that the source files for your manuscript are NOT to be sent.
- In some cases it may be necessary to embed the fonts used in your paper in the PS or PDF
file itself. If NM encounters a font problem with your file, we will contact you about it.
- If possible, please format your file using the NM
LaTeX style files, see
here for details.
- Detailed instructions for submitting your file are given below. Failure to follow these
procedures will result in a delay in the processing of your submission and may result in your
submission being returned to you.
- Prepare your entire paper as one PS or PDF file.
- Complete the on-line submission form. After completion, simply use the "Submit Data" button below.
- After submitting the on-line form, you are asked to upload your PS or PDF file directly on our server.
Please note that only a single file upload (PS, PDF flat or zip/gzip format) is permitted. The maximum
file size is limited to 8 MB.
- After the upload you should receive an automatic confirmation receipt via e-mail if the upload was successful. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgment
from NM within three working days, send an e-mail query to Numerische Mathematik.